Kelly how do we find out our assignment # 3 grades??
This group is about fighting the perceptions that women have to look a certain way. The way women are being portrayed in the media is causing harm to their self-esteem and the way they look at themselves and others. By trying to manipulate them to change themselves into the ways the media makes women seem like they have to look in order to be “Beautiful”.
Tina, Monika, Haruyo, Alverneq, Abraham
Ali Suliman, Polina Isakova, Faizan Mahmood, Ahmed Rezwan, Rishi Jumani.
Hey guys. Please take a couple of minutes to answer these questions. You can either reply to the blog post with your answers or feel free to email them to me at email@example.com, no need to send the whole post with your answer, you can just have the answers with the corresponding numbers . You aren’t required to provide your name so if you would rather do it anonymously feel free to do so. Thanks again for helping us out with this.
1. What is your age?
2. What is your sex?
Please take a moment to look at he following pictures. Click on the thumbnails for bigger versions:
3. What are your initial thoughts when looking at these pictures?
4. If you were to ask someone close to you, such as a partner or family member, of the opposite sex, what do you think would be their initial thoughts on the pictures?
Just thought I’d share a few informative, easy to follow videos (similar to the one Professor Ewen showed us in class). Above all, and throughout my slogan has been: BE AWARE. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
1. Here’s a video that traces the COMPLETE history of the region, and the formation of the state- BE INFORMED, KNOW YOUR HISTORY, MAKE INFORMED JUDGMENTS.
2. These three videos that directly address the Peace Conflict, Refugee Situation, and history of the west bank (a contentious area in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that borders the Jordan river).
history of west bank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYxLWUKwWo&feature=relmfu
peace process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAuBc_cbXo0&feature=relmfu
3. Understanding who is responsible for a situation can make them accountable for their actions, This blog post will help you to understand why neighboring Arab nations and their leaders are choosing to keep Palestinians in a state of poverty.
who is truly causing tensions/giving cause for occupation: http://www.idfblog.com/2012/03/10/popular-resistance-committee/